Get ready for an adrenaline-packed event that will leave you on the edge of your seat! The Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair is a thrilling spectacle that combines speed, power, and agility as drivers compete against each other in high-octane races. But how much does it cost to attend this heart-pumping event? In this article, we’ll explore the various ticket options available and provide you with all the information you need to know to plan your visit to the Will County Fair Demolition Derby. Whether you’re a die-hard fan of the sport or simply looking for an exciting way to spend an afternoon, this is one event you won’t want to miss!
The cost to attend the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair varies depending on a number of factors, including the age of the attendee and whether they are purchasing a single-day or multi-day ticket. For example, a single-day ticket for an adult can cost around $15, while a multi-day ticket for an adult can cost around $30. Children’s tickets are generally cheaper, with single-day tickets costing around $10 and multi-day tickets costing around $20. It’s important to note that these prices are subject to change and may vary based on the specific day and time of the event. It’s best to check the Will County Fair’s website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information on ticket prices.
Ticket Prices for the Demolition Derby
Admission Fees for the Event
Admission fees for the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair vary depending on factors such as the age of the attendee and whether they purchase their tickets in advance or at the gate.
Prices for Adults:
- Advanced ticket sales: $15 per adult
- Gate prices: $20 per adult
Prices for Children:
- Advanced ticket sales: $5 per child (ages 6-12)
- Gate prices: $10 per child (ages 6-12)
It’s important to note that children under the age of 6 are admitted free of charge. Additionally, military personnel and their families can receive discounted admission by presenting a valid military ID at the gate.
In conclusion, attendees can save money by purchasing their tickets in advance, but those who prefer to wait until the day of the event can still find affordable prices at the gate.
Ticket Packages and Deals
For those looking to attend the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair, there are several ticket packages and deals available to choose from. These packages offer a convenient and cost-effective way to experience all the fair has to offer, including the Demolition Derby.
One popular package is the family package, which includes tickets for four people at a discounted price. This package is perfect for families looking to attend the fair together and enjoy all the attractions, including the Demolition Derby.
In addition to the family package, there are also combo deals available with other fair attractions. For example, visitors can purchase a package that includes tickets to the Demolition Derby, as well as unlimited ride wristbands for the carnival rides. This package offers a great value for those who want to experience the fair’s attractions in full.
Overall, the ticket packages and deals available at the Will County Fair provide a convenient and cost-effective way to experience all the fair has to offer, including the Demolition Derby.
Demolition Derby Rules and Regulations
Safety Rules for Participants
In order to ensure the safety of all participants during the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair, there are specific safety rules and regulations that must be followed. These rules are in place to prevent injuries and accidents during the event.
Requirements for Drivers and Vehicles
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Vehicles must have four wheels and a minimum weight of 2,500 pounds.
- Vehicles must have functioning brakes and steering.
- Vehicles must have a roll bar or other approved safety cage.
- Vehicles must be equipped with a seatbelt and seatbelt anchor.
- Vehicles must have a working fire extinguisher.
- Vehicles must pass a safety inspection before the event.
Safety Gear and Equipment
- Drivers must wear a helmet that meets Snell SA2010 or SFI 3.2A-15 specifications.
- Drivers must wear fire-resistant gloves, long-sleeved shirt, and long pants.
- Drivers must wear a neck brace.
- Drivers must wear racing shoes or boots with a steel toe.
- Vehicles must have a fire extinguisher that is easily accessible.
- Vehicles must have a first aid kit.
- Vehicles must have a flagger to help direct traffic during the event.
By following these safety rules and regulations, participants can help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved in the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair.
Event Guidelines for Spectators
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees, the Will County Fair has established certain guidelines for spectators at the Demolition Derby event. Please note that failure to comply with these guidelines may result in removal from the event without refund.
Seating and Viewing Areas
General admission seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that seating is not reserved, and attendees may need to arrive early to secure a good viewing spot.
For those looking for a more premium experience, VIP seating is available for an additional fee. VIP seating provides a reserved seat in a covered and elevated seating area, as well as access to a private bar and restroom facilities.
Prohibited Items and Behavior
For the safety of all attendees, the following items are strictly prohibited:
- Alcohol not purchased at the event
- Coolers or outside food and beverage
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Smoking in designated areas only
Additionally, the following behavior is not permitted:
- Unruly or disruptive behavior
- Jumping over or climbing over fences or barriers
- Failure to follow the instructions of event staff or security personnel
By following these guidelines, all attendees can enjoy a safe and exciting Demolition Derby experience at the Will County Fair.
Parking and Transportation
- On-site parking fees
- Daily parking fee for general admission
- Premium parking fee for closer proximity to the fairgrounds
- Shuttle services and drop-off points
- Schedule and route of shuttle services
- Locations of designated drop-off points
Please note that the parking fees and shuttle services may vary depending on the specific event and location. It is advisable to check the official website of the Will County Fair or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information.
Getting to the Will County Fair
If you’re planning to attend the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair, you’ll need to make arrangements to get there. Here are some options to consider:
Public transportation options
The Will County Fair is located at the Will County Fairgrounds in Peotone, Illinois. The fairgrounds are about 40 miles south of Chicago, and there are several public transportation options available to get you there.
One option is to take the Metra commuter rail to the Manhattan Transfer station, which is located about 10 miles from the fairgrounds. From there, you can take a shuttle bus to the fair.
Another option is to take the Pace bus. The Pace bus system has several routes that serve the Will County Fairgrounds, including the 55A, 55B, and 855 bus routes. You can check the Pace bus schedule and route information online to plan your trip.
Carpooling and ridesharing recommendations
If you’re driving to the Will County Fair, you may want to consider carpooling or ridesharing to reduce traffic congestion and save on parking fees. You can use apps like Uber or Lyft to find ridesharing options, or you can connect with other attendees through social media or online forums to arrange carpooling.
Keep in mind that the Will County Fairgrounds have limited parking space, so it’s a good idea to arrive early to secure a spot. There is a fee for parking, and the fees may vary depending on the day and time of your visit. You can check the Will County Fair website for more information on parking fees and availability.
Other Expenses to Consider
Food and Beverage Prices
Attending the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair means you’ll be hungry and thirsty, and it’s essential to budget for food and beverages. Here’s what you can expect to pay for concessions and meals during the event.
Concession Stands and Food Trucks
Food and drinks are available at concession stands and food trucks located throughout the fairgrounds. These vendors offer a variety of options, including:
- Classic fair food like corn dogs, funnel cakes, and cotton candy
- Quick bites like hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken tenders
- Snacks like popcorn, peanuts, and candy
- Beverages like soda, water, and beer
Estimated Costs for a Meal or Snacks
The cost of food and drinks at the Will County Fair can vary depending on your preferences and the size of your group. Here are some estimated costs for a meal or snacks:
- A basic meal (e.g., a hot dog, fries, and a soda) costs around $8 to $10.
- A snack combo (e.g., a funnel cake and a drink) costs around $6 to $8.
- Individual snacks (e.g., a bag of popcorn or a candy apple) cost between $3 and $5.
- Soft drinks and bottled water cost around $2 to $3 each.
- Draft beer is typically available for $5 to $7 per cup.
It’s important to note that these are only estimates, and prices may vary depending on the vendor and the day of the week. To save money, you can also bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Coolers are allowed, but alcohol is prohibited on the fairgrounds.
Attending the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair is an exciting experience, but it’s important to consider all the expenses involved. Here are some miscellaneous expenses to keep in mind:
Souvenirs and Merchandise
If you’re a fan of the Demolition Derby, you may want to purchase souvenirs or merchandise to commemorate your experience. These can include t-shirts, hats, posters, and other items bearing the event’s logo or artwork. While the cost of these items can vary, you should budget for at least $20 to $30 for a t-shirt or hat, and $5 to $10 for a small item like a button or sticker.
ATM Fees and Cash Withdrawals
Depending on how much cash you plan to spend during the event, you may need to withdraw money from an ATM. However, this can come with a fee, which can range from $2 to $5 per transaction. If you plan to make multiple withdrawals, these fees can add up quickly. It’s important to budget for these fees and ensure you have enough cash on hand to cover all your expenses without incurring additional fees.
It’s also worth noting that some vendors at the event may not accept credit cards or electronic payments, so having cash on hand is essential. Make sure to budget for these expenses and plan ahead to avoid any unexpected fees or charges.
FAQs and Additional Information
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the minimum age requirement for attending the Demolition Derby?
The minimum age for attending the Demolition Derby is generally 16 years old. However, it is essential to check the specific age requirements set by the Will County Fair as they may vary.
- Are there any restrictions on bringing food and drinks into the Demolition Derby event?
Most fairs and events have specific rules regarding food and drinks. It is advisable to check with the Will County Fair’s administration to know the allowed and prohibited items.
- Can I leave the Demolition Derby event and return later?
The re-entry policy may vary depending on the event organizer’s regulations. It is recommended to confirm with the Will County Fair authorities about the possibility of leaving and re-entering the Demolition Derby event.
- What happens if the weather is inclement during the Demolition Derby?
Rain or other adverse weather conditions may affect the event schedule. It is a good idea to keep an eye on any official announcements from the Will County Fair organizers, as they may reschedule or postpone the event due to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Are pets allowed at the Demolition Derby event?
In most cases, pets are not allowed inside the Demolition Derby event premises. However, it is best to confirm with the Will County Fair authorities about their specific pet policy.
- Tips for enjoying the Demolition Derby:
- Arrive early to secure a good seating or viewing spot.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for outdoor events.
- Bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses for protection against the sun.
- Familiarize yourself with the event rules and safety guidelines.
- Be prepared for unexpected weather conditions and bring appropriate gear.
- Important contact information and resources:
- Will County Fair Office: [Contact information]
- Demolition Derby event coordinator: [Contact information]
- Event schedules and updates: [Official website or social media pages]
- Emergency services: [Contact information]
By considering these FAQs and additional information, attendees can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience at the Demolition Derby event during the Will County Fair.
1. How much does it cost to attend the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair?
The cost to attend the Demolition Derby at the Will County Fair varies depending on a number of factors, including the age and size of the vehicle being used, the level of competition, and the location of the event. However, as a general rule, the cost to attend the Demolition Derby can range from $10 to $20 per person. Children under the age of 12 are typically free, and family packages are often available for purchase. It’s important to note that the cost to attend the event does not include the cost of admission to the Will County Fair itself, which is separate.
2. What is included in the cost of attending the Demolition Derby?
The cost of attending the Demolition Derby includes entry to the event, as well as access to the spectator areas where you can watch the competition. You will also receive a program that provides information about the drivers and vehicles participating in the event, as well as the rules and regulations of the competition. Some events may also offer food and beverage options for purchase, but this is not typically included in the cost of admission.
3. Are there any discounts available for attending the Demolition Derby?
There may be discounts available for attending the Demolition Derby, depending on the specific event and location. For example, some events may offer group discounts for purchasing tickets in bulk, or special promotions for military personnel or seniors. It’s always a good idea to check with the event organizers or look for promotional offers online to see if any discounts are available.
4. Is parking available for the Demolition Derby, and if so, how much does it cost?
Parking availability and cost for the Demolition Derby will depend on the specific location of the event. In general, parking fees can range from $5 to $10 per vehicle, but this can vary depending on the location and availability. It’s always a good idea to check with the event organizers or local authorities for more information on parking options and costs.
5. Are there any age or height restrictions for attending the Demolition Derby?
There may be age and height restrictions for attending the Demolition Derby, depending on the specific event and location. In general, children under the age of 12 may require adult supervision, and some events may have height restrictions for entry into certain areas of the event. It’s always a good idea to check with the event organizers for more information on any age or height restrictions that may apply.